We want our customers to be clear on who we are and what we do, so in addition to the content of the website we wish to make the following disclosures:
Our website sets out our various services, but these all have the following features in common:
- We only act for businesses as our services relate to financial losses that have been or may be suffered as a result of an insured event or one that is the responsibility of a third party.
- Depending on the type of loss assessing service we provide, we may not be subject to FCA authorisation or we may be regulated in respect of our insurance claim activities or as a claim management company. Whether acting in a regulated environment or not, in every case we strive to act to the same high technical and ethical standard.
- Our services are invariably charged on an hourly basis and we will render an account to our client after our work has been done and often before the claim has been settled. Our terms to pay are strictly 30 days or less.
- We may be able to introduce a client to a litigation funder and assist in getting outside funding in order to pursue a legal action, but this will only be appropriate where the claim is of a sufficient size, and with good legal prospects of success. A litigation funder will expect a significant return for providing this source of funds and so the claimant will not receive all of the settlement that is agreed.
- When a business approaches Pragmaticum to act for it we will provide a free initial view on the merits and scope of the enquiry. This will enable us to provide the business with an estimate of the cost of our services that will be a function of the expected number of hours we will take and the hourly rates of the individuals we anticipate will be involved. This estimate will be revised over the course of the contract in accordance with how it progresses.
- After instructing Pragmaticum to provide its services there is a ‘cooling off’ period of 14 days, during which period you may cancel the agreement without any payment being due.
- At any time after this initial 14 day period you will be entitled to withdraw from the contract without having to give any reason. The client should be aware that a charge will be made by Pragmaticum for the client withdrawing after the ‘cooling off’ period which will be limited only to costs as per the agreement for work already undertaken.
- You have the right to seek other advice or to shop around, subject to any time limits within which a claim must be made.
- You should also be aware that there is no charge for making claims direct to the Financial Ombudsman Service and other compensation schemes, although you will be liable to the extent (described above) that you have instructed Pragmaticum to provide services in assessing losses you have suffered in support of this.
- Please ensure that you fully understand our letter of instruction and associated terms and conditions. If there is anything which you do not understand, please contact us for a further explanation.
- Pragmaticum does not pay any referral fee to or enter into any other financial arrangement with any other person in respect of any work that is introduced to it.
- In the rare event that Pragmaticum is offered or is entitled to receive a commission in respect to an introduction it makes to any other service provider in respect of a clients claim then this will be disclosed to the client in advance.
- Pragmaticum endeavours to provide the highest standard of service to its clients but if it falls short in this objective then the procedures to follow in the event of a complaint against the company can be found here.
Authorisations and Registrations
- Pragmaticum Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority ref: 501527 in respect of its administration of insurance contracts and regulated claims management activities, recorded on fca.org.uk.
Pragmaticum Limited is registered as a company in England & Wales: Registration number 6410621, registered office address Regency House, 61a Walton Street, Walton on the Hill, Surrey, KT20 7RZ.
- Pragmaticum Limited is registered for VAT: Registration number 915 0336 52.